DAC involves therapy services and engaging clients meaningfully with social, recreational and work activities. We also provide periodic reviews on all programmes to improve service delivery, efficiency and cost effectiveness. The following basic components are included in our programme:
▪ Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Training – This comprises sustained activities that equip and maintain the clients’ ability to perform simple functional activities, such as feeding, personal grooming and mobility.
▪ Community Living Skill (CLS) Training – This training equips and maintains the clients’ social and orientation skills which supports their efforts to integrate with society, skills include interpersonal relations, community mobility, community activities and home living.
▪ Language and Cognition Skills Training – Communication, storytelling, computer/Wii, awareness, problem solving, thinking skills, and table task activities are reinforced through this programme.
▪ Play Therapy – This involves multimedia and physical play activities, to promote better social integration, growth and development of our DAC clients in a fun and meaningful way.
▪ Art Therapy – Art expression is used as a safe, fun and gentle way of enabling clients to communicate their thoughts, emotions and feelings, and promote self-awareness and development of social skills and self-esteem.
▪ Suite of Therapy Programmes – Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Speech and Language Pathology therapy services are also available. We also provide periodic clinics by volunteer medical doctors and dentists.
▪ Counselling Services – Caregiver support and workshops / Individual and group counselling
▪ Social and Recreational Activities – Outings and visits to places of interests, sponsored lunch and birthday celebrations, creative art and music activities.
▪ Music and Movement
▪ Social and Interpersonal Skills Training
The operating hours of DAC is from 9.00am to 4.00pm (Monday to Friday) with an hour lunch and two tea breaks at a suitable time scheduled.