Goodwill, Rehabilitation and Occupational Workshop (GROW)
GROW was established in September 1984. It is a sheltered workshop that provides vocational training and sheltered employment for adults aged 16 years old and above with Cerebral Palsy and other associated disability conditions.
We train and involve the trainees in work activities at our social enterprise initiatives and sheltered workshop. Such vocational activities provide meaning to our trainees; fulfil their desire for self-development, self-esteem and provide an avenue for them to reach out socially to the public.
- Manage commercial sub-contract work for trainees
- Operate social enterprise initiatives
- Provide additional caregiver support, welfare services, and rehabilitative therapy for our trainees
Value-Added Services for Trainees
Besides vocational training and on-the-job training, trainees can look forward to:
- Therapy Services
- Counselling Services
- Social and Vocational Skills Development
- Community Integration Activities
Admission Criteria for Trainees
- Must be Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident. Foreigners’ admission request will be evaluated on case by case basis
- Diagnosed with disability condition, e.g. Cerebral Palsy or other associated conditions
- From the age of 16 years old. Applicants below 16 years must first seek special permission / consent from Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF)
- Minimum function in gross motor skills for the workshop and some basic money skills required for social enterprise
- Able to attend to own activities of daily living, e.g feeding and toilet/ hygiene needs
- Able to understand and follow at least multi-step instructions
- Able to be on the task for a continued period of time with minimal supervision
- Able to demonstrate basic cognitive skills for employment
- No medical anomalies such as prolonged psychiatric episode or epileptic seizures
- Clients will be assessed for admission by our multi-disciplinary team, consisting of Executive of GROW, Social Worker, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, and Speech and Language Pathologist
Contract Out-sourcing Services for Commercial Businesses
CPAS is a voluntary welfare organisation that aims to match your company’s interest with the capabilities of our disabled workforce.
We can provide you with quality manpower possessing good work ethics, to handle your outsourced contract work requirements. Our trainees are well-trained to carry out labour-intensive projects under the close supervision of our Workshop Instructors to ensure quality assurance and to meet project deadlines.
Our services include
- Manual sorting and packing
- Assembly work
- Pamphlet/brochure/letter shopping and mailing
- Many more…
Social Enterprise Projects
We also operate social enterprise initiatives, either in-house or collaborate with business partners, in areas of F&B and retail business. These social enterprise projects serve as training grounds for trainees to learn various vocational or business skills and customer service, under the close supervision of our Workshop Instructors. These projects also provide trial-employment opportunities, advocating the economic and social self-sufficiency of our trainees, building on an enterprise foundation.
Examples of social enterprises which we operate include
- Orange Garden Cafe
- Goodwill Thrift Shop
- Goodwill Push Carts
- Goodwill Gifts
- Seasonal Greeting Cards
We are an enterprise, where artistic and gift-making talents of our disabled community are show-cased through the creation of unique and inspiring corporate and consumer lifestyle gift items for sales, aimed at generating sustainable earnings for operation-ability. Our range of products features from the adaptations of world art, inspired and hand-drawn by our in-house disabled artists. Therefore, the products are unique (each design is one of a kind) and appeals to consumers and corporate customers alike. These are high-quality and environmental-friendly products, created to meet consumer needs, while pitched to support a social cause.